lost audio in gnome after trying kde in fc2

This is driving me crazy. I have searched the archives; I have googled all day long. Everything was just fine until I decided to try out kde. I had been running gnome in fc2 with NO problems whatsoever since 5/18. Then, late yesterday, I thought I would try out fc2's kde. I swithced to kde and gave it a try for about 20 minutes. Switched back to gnome and now my audio has quit working. All I get is hissing and cracking. I have tried everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- David S. Yates LPIC-1 Linux Certified http://lottalinuxlinks.com blog: http://lottalinuxlinks.com/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/