Re: Alsa sound problem Solved-??

On Saturday 12 June 2004 09:19 am, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 02:28:56PM +1000, david walcroft wrote:
> > Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > >What big differences exactly?   If you can't post a diff, attach what
> > >you've got right now.
> > >
> > >alsaconf doesn't know about /etc/modprobe.conf.dist
> > >
> > >And it doesn't insert alsactl calls into /etc/modprobe.conf either,
> > >because the ALSA 'alsasound' initscript is expected to do that
> > >(and that one is not needed/used with Fedora Core 2).
> > >
> > >The only interesting thing in the alsasound script is, that it attempts
> > >at setting default volume levels.
> >
> > I have provided a diff of Alsa tests on a before/after installing
> > "alsaconf'.So alsaconf should not be able to work in FC2 Alsa is that
> > correct,could it be though that people having problems with their sound
> > might benefit from installing alsaconf regardless.
> >
> >  david
>
> I don't understand the solution above. Could someone explain clearly
> how you get a sound card to work under FC2? It does not help that we
> have a reference to ALSA,org which is the home page of the Lu Gehrig
> disease people.
>
> --
> Aaron Konstam
> Computer Science
> Trinity University
> One Trinity Place.
> San Antonio, TX 78212-7200
>
> telephone: (210)-999-7484
> email:akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx

Aaron;
Sorry, I can't help you with your main question -- I've only been running
(sorta) FC1 for a week and it set up my old Creative card automagically.

You'll find the alsa site here: http://www.alsa-project.org/

BTW, Here's a great source for linux-related links:
http://lottalinuxlinks.com/

-- cmg