Re: problem launching java app

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 20:59, Marc Williams wrote:
> Symptom:  After creating and then launching the desktop icon, the app
> starts and looks just like normal.  But it only lasts about 5 seconds
> and then disappears.  Gone without a trace.

> Here's my icon info that doesn't work.  The exact same one on FC1 *did*
> work:
> [Desktop Entry]
> Encoding=UTF-8
> Version=1.0
> Type=Application
> Exec=java -jar JBidWatch-0.9.3pre2.jar
> TryExec=
> X-GNOME-DocPath=
> Terminal=true
> Name[en_US]=JBidWatcher
> GenericName[en_US]=
> Comment[en_US]=

Is this application a console based or a GUI application?  I suspect
that it is a GUI application.  The cause of your trouble is
Terminal=true.  Have you noticed a terminal appearing, staying for a
moment, then closing?  Either edit the link so that Terminal=false, or
recreate the link, only this time, do not check the "Run in terminal"
item.

Hope this helps,
--
Philip A. Chapman

Application Development:
Java, Visual Basic (MCP), PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
Linux, Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP