Re: Fast Audio

At 00:01 6/9/2004, Chadley Wilson wrote:
On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 23:07, Don Maxwell wrote:
> The other shoe dropped when I installed xine.  After the install, ALL
> audio plays at what sounds to be double speed.  Much like when a 33 RPM
> record is played at 45 RPMs.

I have the same problem but mine is with mplayer, after installing the
xmms-mp3 from freshrpms.net my mplayer went all fast on me, I am still
trying to find the fault. I will let you if I get something. I could be
alsa.

I don't recall precisely what the answer was to your problem, but I *know* I've seen it discussed here before. The solution was to change the output encoding in xmms, or something similar but simple. Likely searching the archives, the Linux section of Google, and/or the MARC archives will allow you to find the solution quickly.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com