Do dvd+rw-tools work in FC1/FC2?

Does dvd+rw-format -blank work for anybody on FC1 or FC2?  I can't get it
to blank a dvd+rw on RHL 9.  I used the dvd+rw to backup from
mondoarchive, but when I try to blank it, I get the following:

[root@orion root]# dvd+rw-format -blank /dev/scd0
* DVD±RW format utility by <appro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, version 4.9.
* 4.7GB DVD+RW media detected.
- illegal command-line option for this media.
- you have the option to re-run dvd+rw-format with:
  -lead-out  to elicit lead-out relocation for better
             DVD-ROM compatibility, data is not affected;
  -force     to enforce new format (not recommended)
             and wipe the data.

If it's working in FC 1, I may have to upgrade and pray that the machine
doesn't die on me.

Ben