A few questions...

Hello,

I have some questions on FC2:
- Can somebody tell me why is it important to run the gconf daemon? How can I disable it?
- My system has 2 GB of memory but the /proc/kcore file is only 1 GB, how is it possible?
- I don't like one thing: sometimes I am forced to quit the X Window System by pressing
CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE, next time I log in the KDE configuration is lost and has been
substituted by the default (Bluecurve) configuration. Can someone explain the reason?
- OpenOffice 1.1.1 freezes when trying to open a TXT file, I suppose somebody has already
submitted this bug.

Thanks a lot.

- Jose Luis