Re: How to create a String Object in FD1?

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 08:44:33 +0200
"david" <davidh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Im trying to create a string object in C++.
<snip>
> Are there any packages I can install to fix this problem???

Hi Dave,

Please make sure to trim your posts.   You sent a copy of the entire
digest along with your message.

The program you posted used capital letters in a few places where
they shouldn't be used.   Also, you were trying to use the string class
without specifying the proper namespace.   You can bring the
string class (and alot of other stuff) into the global namespace by
using the following line:

using namespace std;

Or just prefix std::  in front of string like so:

#include <string>
class test
{
        public:
             std::string x;
             std::string y;
};
int main()
{
        test t1;
}

Cheers,
Sean

P.S.   There are other lists more appropriate for programming questions
and there are entire lists devoted to learning c++.    Check out:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/C-faq/learn/