FC2 and Windows XP Boot Problems

I used to run Red Hat 6-9 and FC1 with no problems.  I recently installed FC2 to /dev/hdf7 using the same partitions I had used previously and selected not to install a boot loader on the /dev/hda1 MBR.  The installer didn’t give me the option to make a boot floppy, but I got in with the rescue disk and made one.  I could run FC2 OK, but when I went to boot XP, it wouldn’t boot.  I tried fixing the C: disk with the XP fixmbr, fixboot and re-installing XP but it still wouldn’t boot.  I had another disk with XP on it and used Norton Ghost to copy it over to another disk and came up OK.  Partition Magic was complaining about the FC2 partitions being improperly aligned, so I tried re-installing FC2 and letting it create the partitions.  When I tried to reboot XP it said it couldn’t find any operating system.  I ran the Western Digital disk diagnostic and it says that the XP disk is fine.  I can read from the corrupted (?) disks OK, but when I tried running the Hard Drive Mechanic Gold demo version, it said the XP disk was too damaged to repair.  I am going to try Ghosting back the drive image again and installing grub on it to see what happens.