driver for canon i455

Hello all, I just bought a digital camera/photoprinter combo.  I
verified that my camera (Powershot A300) would work under linux. But
failed to check about my printer. I've done some searching and found
Turboprint (www.turboprint.de) which runs ontop of cups and seems to do
prety good, but in order to print in high quality mode you have to
register (i.e. pay) for it. I understand that, but I'd prefer to use
software that is free as in speech. Does anyone have any suggestions of
good, free, drivers for my canon i455?  Thanks for your time.

Wayne Steenburg