Re: Need help with a DNS problem

At 11:04 6/4/2004, Allen Winter wrote:
I am having a strange issue on my new Fedora Core 2 install with DNS.

The Redhat system is running dhcpcd and has no problem getting addresses.
The FC1 system is running dhclient and had no problem getting addresses.
The new FC2 system is also running dhclient and fails to get addresses [...]

While I see that you have already solved your problem, I thought it worth noting that dhcpcd and dhclient are client programs for DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) which is what your computer uses to get an IP address dynamically. They are *not* DNS clients. dig and nslookup are, but I believe that at this point nslookup is deprecated and dig is the preferred tool.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com