Re: KMail intermittently fails to send

Tim Littlemore wrote:

I have had a problem for quite a while with KMail where sometimes messages do not send properly.

The error message that appears when this happens isn't particularly helpful, it just says:

The server responded: ""

I have access to the logs of the mailserver that is being used, and I can see that sometimes, even though the messages don't look like they have been sent, I can see entries in the maillog of the messages going. KMail seems to think that they haven't gone though, and they stay in the outbox.

However, sometimes I get the message, and when I check the maillog, the message HAS NOT gone.

I had a similar problem develop in Redhat 7.2. I don't think the symptoms were exactly the same. It seemed to disappear when I upgraded to Fedora.

Björn Persson