Re: A little musing on Linux ( was Re: Zip files to multiple floppies)

Phil Schaffner wrote:
On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 14:07 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
... snip ...

Again, very much agree.  Thanks to OOo, wine, etc., the only remaining
reason I have for keeping Windows around is for the kids to play games.

I have used Linux since 1994 and I am still learning and I don't have to put up with the numerous Windows security problems or crashes that I have experienced in all versions of Windows.

Yup. Remember the Slackware distro on 60+ floppies?
Remember? I am going through some old boxes of stuff and have found some of the disks I used. I only got the series of disks that I needed at the time. It still was over 20 floppies. Letter series depending on the features. Those were the days, spending all night putting floppies into a fd0 and installing packages. I was so happy when I tried RH and rpm's made it much easier.

> Again, very much agree. Thanks to OOo, wine, etc., the only remaining reason I have for keeping Windows around is for the kids to play games.

I am working on getting my daughters games to work in Linux and Wine. I am looking at getting transgaming's wine if I don't succeed. My wife won't let me setup a dual boot which I am thankful for.

Phil

--
Robin Laing