Re: up2date and synaptic

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 15:41, Nick David wrote:
<snip>
(Nick, FYI check your date/time settings.)

Synaptic uses yum and the RHN (red !) icon uses up2date.

Read man yum and man update for details. It's possible they are configured
to look in different repositories and thus report differences in what
packages are available.

by default RHN uses this file:
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

by default yum/Synaptic uses this file:
/etc/yum.conf

I too turned off the RHN icon and use yum.  To be sure yum/Synaptic is
getting all the available packages, clear /var/yum/cache and then run
yum check-update.

Also, if you haven't already,
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/
is a must read, IMHO.