Re: Beep gone in FC2?

Erik P. Olsen wrote:

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 15:07, Chris Kloiber wrote:

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 21:05, Peter Cannon wrote:

Hi Bob

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2004 13:56, Bob Chiodini wrote:

Sorry, modprobe not insmod.

Become root, and type modprobe pcspkr.

Er I got 'bash: modprobe: command not found'

You're not fully 'root' try 'su -' to gain access to root's path.
modprobe is located in /sbin.

Well, modprobe pcspkr didn't do the trick. I still have no beep with
FC2. Maybe I should take a look a the earlier discussion in Fedora list.

After inserting the module I have a beep in a tty and in gnome-terminal, as root, but KDE apps refuse to beep.
I have tried everything I can think of, all the settings I can find.

If I "run command" from the main menu; `echo $'\a'` I get a beep but so far that is it. In konsole if I run the same command all I get is a bell icon no beep no matter what the system bell settings are adjusted to in konsole configuration or in Control Center bell configuration.

It may be very Pavlovian but I sure miss those beeps!