Re: ftp connection problem in fc1

Edward wrote:

Barry Yu wrote:

using fc1 try to connect a ftp server, below are the steps and what were displayed ;
ftp ftp.servername.org
(Can see Welcome banner as logged in successfully.)
ftp> ls
227 Entering passive mode (192,168,1,111,240)
426 Connection closed; transfer aborted.

And that's the end of it - first got connected, and then when issued command ls, the connection is closed.
What was wrong?

Are you going through a firewall and if so, are you loading the ftp connection tracking module?

Regards,
Ed.

In the ftp server there was a firewall, after this firewall removed, fc1 still got connected first and then when issued "ls " command the connection is closed - but when I used windows xp to connect to same ftp server, everything was just fine.
The strange thing is that when use xp to connect to this ftp server, everything is fine and I could download a file from it.
But when I use the fc1 to connect to this ftp server, first got connected and then connection is closed with message;
227 Entering passive mode (192,168,1,111,240)
426 Connection closed; transfer aborted.
However when I used fc1 to connect to limestone.uoregon.edu ftp server, it works fine!
Basically the situation in summary is ;
XP can connect and download a file from* _that ftp server_*.
FC1 can connect limestone.uoregon.edu ftp server and I can use ls or cd commands (so assume it is working here) but when connect to *_that ftp server_*, first got conneted and then the connection is closed ritht away for unknown reason!.**