Re: switching virtual consoles

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:18:28 -0500, Steven Stern <subscribed-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's the scenario:

Walk up to the Fedora box and login at the default console.
Type: startx
Press CTRL-ALT-F2
login at the text prompt
Press ALT-F1 to go back to the first console

When I'm back at that first console, I no longer see the GUI. Instead, I see
some messages generated by the X system. ALT-F2 gets me back to the second
console, but I can't seem to find a way to get back into that first X session.

This is probably pilot error... How do I switch back into a GUI console from
a secondary (or tertiary) text console?
--
Steve

The X server always starts up on CTRL-ALT-F7 and higher. Consoles CTRL-ALT-F1 to F6 are permanently reserved as as text terminals.

Cheers,
Daniel.

--
email:snorri_dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx