Re: Beep gone in FC2?

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2004 13:25, Esperanza Glass wrote:

> I agree with this. Whats wrong with beeper just working as it used to?
> Anohter thing, why doesn't my soundcard detection get saved? I get it
> working using soundcard autodetection tool but when I boot my computer it
> is gone. This happens with my 2 pc:s with 2 different soundcards. Strange
> bugs with FC2. Like that dual boot thing... Make things work for final
> release next time!

Not sure if this helps but FC 2 seems to have fixed my sound problems, I didnt
have any sound at first after upgrading but then I logged in under a root
session saw the little speaker icon in the system tray (This was not there
under the user profile) and hovered the curser over it to my amazement it
said volume 0 so I increase the volume and lovley sound, back to my user
profile and did Kmix in a terminal checked volume level and everything is
fine.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"