FC2, keyboard and emacs.

Hi all

I am having problems with my KeyTronic 105 key Danish layout keyboard and some applications, like emacs and OpenOffice. I noticed the problem in FC2test3, and now also in a fresh install of FC2.

In both openoffice and emacs, nothing happens when I try to type the special danish characters "æøå". But even worse is it, that when I press for example "alt-gr 4" to get the $ character in emacs, emacs locks up and I have to xkill it or press ctrl-c in the parent terminal. If I try to close it using the "x" in the top right corner, I do not get the "force quit" dialog box. If I change keyboard layout to german, I have similar problems, so i do not think the problem is tied to the Danish layout. In mozilla and in the terminals, everything works fine. It might be a related but that makes me unable to copy from emacs and paste to this mail window.

I assume this has something to do with incompatibility between xorgs keyboard drivers and some applications in fedora core 2. I have no idea how to fix it, and it is a really annoying bug, since I often need to xkill emacs while programming.

I am wondering if anybody have a KeyTronic keyboard (looks like a very normal keyboard) that does not have this problem, or if anybody knows how I can fix this.

Apart from this, I think FC2 is great!

Kindest Regards,

Esben