Re: Firewall - Very limited Access - suggestions

Gave this a try, and the utility would crash contantly, that put me right off.

Mike Chambers wrote:

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 18:26 -0400, Kevin F. Berrien wrote:

I did check Firestart out yesterday on the old box which will serve as the firewall. Found it someone odd, in that when I'd activate the firewall it didn't look as if iptables was running. Also, it didn't look granualar enough (from my quick overview) for what I want to do, very specific rules. Perhaps I'm wrong. If you use Firestarter, do you think it's detailed enough for my needs (see below).

Here's one that you can check out to see what you think. I only tried it out over a year ago, but I keep the site bookmarked in case I need to use it again.

http://www.simonzone.com/software/guarddog/