Re: Nautilus

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 04:00, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> Sorry guys one more.
>
> What has happened to nautilus?
> When I open it the are no big buttons, If I dbl click a folder it opens
> a new window. and It looks like win95 :-<
> How does one get it back to what it looked like and behaved like in FC1?
> :-}
> --
> Chadley - Linux Rocks
> Welcome to my world.
> This mail is free for distribution. You are free to - delete it - resend
> it - use it in anyway that makes you happy. I am not responsible for it
> or its content due to ignorance.
> Enjoy the adventures of Linux

Hi Chad;

I was wondering the same thing myself, however, I found the trick.

Instead of Double Clicking on the Computer icon or the user's Home
folder, right click on it and choose Browse Folder.  This will bring up
the view that stays in one window and gives you all the old menu bars
you are used to.

You can also access the Browse Filesystem from the Gnome menu which
gives you the same view as right clicking on the Computer icon on your
desktop.

I was just as frustrated as you were until I tried right clicking on a
folder and chose Browse Folder and whammo I got the old Nautilus view
that I prefer that has all the menu bars and it stays in one window
while you navigate.

Sincerely,
Gerald Thompson