Re: fc2 will not install to sata

> Hi sorry but I am totally lost, please hold my hand on this one :-)
>
> Ok I have the following connected
>
> PRIM IDE1 - none
> SEC IDE1 - none
> PRIM IDE2 - DVD RW
> SEC IDE2 - none
>
> Then just left of the floppy connector I have 2 serial ata connectors, SEC
> on top and PRIM just below it called SATA1 SATA2
>
> Then below that I have 2 RAID serial ata connectors, called PRI_SATA and
> SEC_SATA, next to eack other, sec to left
>
> I have connected my sata hd to both SATA1 and PRI_SATA with same result, I
> have played with the bios settings, but am not sure what you mean by disable
> Promise RAID and set to IDE, I think I know how to disable the onboard
> Promise controller but how do I set it (what is "it") to IDE

I have connected my two SATA drives to PRI_SATA and SEC_SATA and
have the following settings in my bios:
Advanced menu/OnChip SATA BOOTROM   disabled
Advanced menu/OnBoard Promise Controller enabled
Advanced menu/OnBoard Promise Controller/Operating mode  Onboard IDE operate mode

   Karsten

--
 Karsten Hopp <karsten@xxxxxxxxx>   GPG 1024D/70ABD02C
 Fingerprint D2D4 3B6B 2DE4 464C A432 210A DFF8 A140 70AB D02C