Re: Window Maker

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 05:02, Andrea Carotti wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I've downloaded the rpm packages from the fedora website for
> WindowMaker, I've installed them, but I can't choose that session
> manager from the graphical login window.
> Could someone help me and guide me to the solution
> Many Thanks in advance
> Andrea

In RH 8.0, I create a file in the user's home directory called .xinitrc.
(Notice it is <dot>xinitrc). In this file I put:

	exec wmaker.

Now if you decide against using WM, removing this file, or re-naming it
will allow the system to revert back to the default. Also, each user can
specify a different desktop.

Gerald.