Re: CPU running half speed on ThinkPad with FC2

Steven Garrity wrote:
Thanks for the reply Warren. Those cpufreq cats give the same results as you have:

[root@thinkpad cpufreq]# cat scaling_available_governors
userspace performance
[root@thinkpad cpufreq]# cat scaling_governor
userspace

I don't seem to have the "default governor" setting in the BIOS - or at least I couldn't find it.

There was a "CPU Power Management" option that toggles between "automatic" and "disabled" (it was disabled, but setting it to automatic doesn't appear to have made a difference).

The cpu MHz I get from "cat /proc/cpuinfo" doesn't seem to vary from 1199.133 regardless of what I'm doing.

Pardon my re-post on this, but I'm convinced my ThinkPad T30 is still running half-speed, even when plugged-in.

Any other T30 users out there?

Thanks,
Steven Garrity

I'm a Thinkpad T30 user. I've checked, and yes, plugged-in, the T30 still runs at 1199.205. But when I've run something that goes up to 60% CPU utilization, it jumps up to 1798 or something like that. I think you have to script acpid to be able to tell cpuspeed to go up max speed when plugged in. I'm not too sure though.

Try running something like SETI@home, which will run at around 99%. Then check your /proc/cpuinfo if it still runs half speed.

My configuration is stock FC2 installation. No configuration tweaking yet.

dex