Re: CPU running half speed on ThinkPad with FC2

Warren Togami wrote:
[root@ibmlaptop cpufreq]# cat scaling_available_governors
userspace performance
[root@ibmlaptop cpufreq]# cat scaling_governor
userspace

What does it say on your system? The default governor is configurable in the BIOS of my Thinkpad T41. "userspace" must be selected for the cpuspeed service to manage the processor speed dynamicaly.

Thanks for the reply Warren. Those cpufreq cats give the same results as you have:

[root@thinkpad cpufreq]# cat scaling_available_governors
userspace performance
[root@thinkpad cpufreq]# cat scaling_governor
userspace

I don't seem to have the "default governor" setting in the BIOS - or at least I couldn't find it.

There was a "CPU Power Management" option that toggles between "automatic" and "disabled" (it was disabled, but setting it to automatic doesn't appear to have made a difference).

The cpu MHz I get from "cat /proc/cpuinfo" doesn't seem to vary from 1199.133 regardless of what I'm doing.

Steven Garrity