Re: Ethernet device limits?

Phil Savoie wrote:
Hi All,

Am using FC2 in Dell Optiplex. I would like to use this box as a router and have an onboard 3comm plus 5 pci slots that I would like to use with Linksys pci cards.

Trouble is, although kudzu picks up all interfaces, which I have configured correctly, only eth0 to eth4 get recognized. Where is eth5? A quick look under /etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts shows no entry for eth5.

Is this a limit? If so, how do I increase it. Although I haven't tried, do you think manually creating the eth5 file could do it?

Regards,

Phil Savoie

So you don't have eth0 1 eth1 2 eth2 3 eth3 4 eth4 5 ?

Wade

--
Wade Chandler
Red-e Set Grow, LLC