RE: FC2 - No eth0

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 13:41 -0400, Bob Chiodini wrote:
... snip ...
> If all goes well you will now have a new kernel and modules to your
> specification.  Step 10 may take a very long time, so go eat
> something.
>
> There are a lot of parameters that can be changed while your in
> gconfig.  Eliminating unneeded drivers and such can significantly
> shorten the make time.  But, be very careful.  If you've not done this
> before then leave everything alone and enjoy all the messages
> scrolling
> by.
>
> Reboot and select your new kernel.  Hopefully, kudzu will detect eth0
> and configure it appropriately.
>
> Bob...

Whoops - didn't notice when sorting by time/thread that the thread was
"restarted" by a message that was not a reply - the reverse
(inverse? :^) of thread-hijacking.  Looks like I covered the same
territory in "Building a new kernel to support your hardware (was RE:
FC2 - No eth0)".

Oh well, better too much help than not enough.

Phil