Re: feedback to NVidia [was: Nvidia Drivers]

Greg Trounson wrote:
Frank Tanner III wrote:

I guess that's the difference between you and I.  I
don't attempt to pirate video using my NVidia card, so
Macrovision protection doesn't matter to me.

Having said that, I still use the proprietary driver, because Celestia and my games do not work with the opensource 'nv' driver, nor does my second monitor. 'nv' just isn't an option for anything other than the most basic applications.

Greg

To bring things back on topic, I can confirm that the binary NVIDIA 5336 drivers install and run fine on a stock 2.6 kernel with CONFIG_REGPARM turned off in Fedora Core 2.

No noticeable slowdown or lockups experienced in 16 hours of extensive OpenGL tests.

Greg