Re: ldconfig

On Wed, 26 May 2004 08:31:28 +0200, Kiss Gábor <kissg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Dear All,

where can I find detailed documentation about ldconfig, ld.so.conf,
ld.so.cache?
I made a new entry in ld.so.conf and after then an ldconfig, but the linux
can't use the new libraries. (lib for kylix).
But if I make only a symlink to the required library, in that case it is
working. The problem may comes from other, but I'm interested in the
library
using mechanism.

 Can anyone help me?
 Thank you
 Gábor

I found out about ldconfig and ld.so.conf from a c programming for linux text.
Bound to be some info on a google somewhere.

There's not much to know and you seem to have gotten the procedure right
  - edit ld.so.conf
  - update with ldconfig
is all there is to know. Exactly what did you add to your ld.so.conf?

An example: I have some of the new enlightenment graphics libraries installed
in /usr/local/e17/lib, so

		echo /usr/local/e17/lib >> /etc/ld.so.conf

does the trick (above just appends the line, /usr/local/e17/lib, to the end of
the ld.so.conf file).

Cheers,
Daniel.

--