Re: Disabling LVM check/startup on FC2

Optimized wrote:

My FC2 system is installed on linux raid volume but I have no use for
LVM.

I would like to disable the lvm check on system startup since it always
fails, how should I proceed in order to make it clean?

FWIW this issue has been discussed on the linux-lvm mailing list (see http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2004-May/msg00059.html). The /sbin/vgscan program incorrectly returns an error when there are no volume groups. The problem will be fixed in the next release not that this helps us now. It is currently fixed in CVS if you wished to build lvm2 from that.*
*

--
Paul (ganci@xxxxxxxxxx)