Re: Fedora Core 2 - review.

Jeff Ratliff wrote:
On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 11:15:45AM -0600, Robin Laing wrote:

It should be as easy as "yum install multimedia".

How about the "Fedora Multimedia Installation HOWTO" on tldp.org?

<http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Fedora-Multimedia-Installation-HOWTO/>

I admit it's not a one click solution, but it does a lot more than just MP3s, and DVDs. It also explains a lot of the underlying
issues as to why this software isn't included in the OS. I'm pretty
sure not everything will work with FC2, but I think the general idea is good.

I agree it should be easier, but I'm also a bit annoyed with people
who think everything should work like Windows right out of the box. Why not just use Mandrake? =)

I have seen the site. I agree it isn't perfect and to restate my point. How does the new user know about this site? This is the idea behind a link to these types of readme's.

How about a list of them in default bookmarks in the various browsers. Actually this could be a RFE. A set of bookmarks to various Fedora sites and howto's. Hum.

--
Robin Laing