3 minor issues

As much as I have enjoyed FC2 so far, I have run into a few things I
wonder might be bugs.

1) My IDE HDD spins down on a reboot.  It's never done that with any
other distro that I've run on this machine.  I don't think I like it.
Is this now normal?

2) I really like the new up2date round robin (or whatever the mirror
selection method is).  But there's a couple of those random mirrors that
perform well below expectation.  Is there any way of eliminating those
problem mirrors from my list?

3) It used to be with FC1 (and earlier) when using vi and less in a
console that the end and home keys would function like g and G.  It
doesn't now.  Any way to get that back?

Thanks for any help with these admittedly minor annoyances.