Re: nvidia and FC2

At 10:45 5/20/2004, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 17:23 +0100, John Hodrien wrote:
> Absolutely, which is why nvidia have recognised it as such and are fixing it.
> I don't think nvidia deserve a beating over this, it's just annoying for us
> that's all.

No. They recognized it as a limitation FC has, and that they will work
around _THAT_ limitation.

Yes. It *is* a limitation on their software. The stack is limited to 4K. That is a correct and true statement.

No statement at all is made on whether such a limitation is right or wrong, necessary or unnecessary. In fact no value judgments are made at all.

At least that's what their statement says between the lines.

Well, that's what you get for reading between the lines. If your opinions and beliefs are strong enough (and we all know just how pig-he^H^H^H^H strongly you believe), then you can and will read anything you please "between the lines." They did not *say* that... you interpreted it. You might be right in your interpretation, or you might not. But being convinced that your interpretation is necessarily right is laughable.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com