Re: bittorrent dl - still slow, does it pick up?

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 19:54, PETER BENINATE wrote:
> Peter W Beninate

> Now with trying to get the official FC2 from the duke torrent, I am only
> getting 26 kb/s downloading and maintaining about 45 kb/s upload speed.
>

> Probably a lot of other people doing the same thing is slowing it down
> some.
That's about right for the first day on the torrent.  Not a huge base of
people have it all, so you are running into a "psuedo" limit on who has what
pieces.  Over the next day or two, you should start seeing some much higher
speeds.

However, I got em at 130k, fairly constant.  But then, my machine has raw
ports 6881-6999 from the internet ( port forwarding ), so I get better
"karma" with the downloads/uploads.  :)

Hope that helps