kernel 2.6 and KVM's

Quick question, has anyone found either a hardware setup or a configuration tweek which will allow you to use the wheel mouse
with a KVM device (Curently I use the Belkin SOHO 4port + audio) under the 2.6* kernels.

As with most posts, I to have to reboot if I switch from one to another. I have three devices (winxp, and two fedora servers) and I really REALLY need to find
a work around to the wheel mouse issue WITHOUT having to reboot. Maybe I have missed something while googling but can anyone point me in the right direction.

Vernon Fort