Re: PPPoE Problem

Timothy Murphy wrote:

Ng Boon Liang wrote:

I am having problem dialing to my ISP by using the
PPPoE. I was recently subscribing to an ADSL service
from my ISP but I cannot get it works under my Red Hat
Linux 9 and Fedora Core 2 Test 3. Is there anybody can
help ?

Can anyone of you out there show me how to configure
my Red Hat and Fedora Core on connecting by using
PPPoE ? I can dial to my ISP from Windows but with Red
Hat and Fedora Core, I was having problem. Please
refer to the attachment for my configurations under
Windows.

First of all, I am not a PPPoE guru!

Do you have an Ethernet or USB connection?
I guess you'd need to say if you want help.

Are you running rp-pppoe (Roaring Penguin)?
It is on the Fedora CDs, I think.
If so, there is an adsl-setup command
which is meant to do things for you.

Timothy is correct, I use pppoe for my connection at home. What you need to do (this explains from the command line view) is the following:

adsl-setup

Answer all of the questions. Remember that eth0 is your first ethernet card, do you have more than one? Do you know which one is which? This is important for you to get the connection properly functioning. Next, make sure you answer the last question concerning bringing up ppp0 at boot time with a "yes". Assuming that you want to do that. ^_^

Alex White