Re: Need help (of course) setting up network

On Tue, 04 May 2004 22:55:29 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 10:50 5/4/2004, you wrote:
Well I guess it was too good to be true. Some one to help me. Sorry for bothering you with my problems I'll just struggle through on my own.

You're kidding, right? I'm still waiting to see your last message... or perhaps I missed it.

Given that everyone and anyone will be attempting to help you remotely, without being able to see or touch the system, and because of the many limitations this imposes, you really *are* supposed to figure things out yourself. However, we *will* do our best to help you. I've been on the Red Hat List at least a good six or seven years now... and I've both given and received a great deal of help in that time, so I'm not going away. Neither is anyone else.

Post again with your current status and whatever you've tried, or point me to any previous message you posted which I might have missed. You can copy/paste or provide a URL, whatever is easier. Don't get all ruffled, though... no one is purposely ignoring you or "dissing" you as they in the States would say. If you don't get a useful answer, then probably:

1. no one can think of anything useful to suggest
2. you have not formulated the question well
3. you need to provide a lot more detail
4. people who could help you (or try) didn't read the message

Try again!

Cheers,

Sorry about the brain storm. I knew as soon as I'd sent it that it was stupid. I did send my reply with the results of what you had sked me in it on the Saturday (accoding to my e-mail program and did get it back into my inbox as you would expect and that was the last I heard of it till I posted without checking if it had really got to the list). I also appear to not be getting some of my mail (missing posts) or very late.

Sorry again.

Do you want me to start again? Maybe even re-install.(I'm getting quite good at that). Just to have a clean start with no stupid mistakes messing up the picture.

Shelagh