Re: KDE 3.2.2

Hi Austin

Many thanks for your advice which is appreciated. I tried that and most
of the rpm's cried about dependencies, I should point out my
fedora/applications is probably installed badly, I have red carpet
installed which is good for newbies like me however red carpet wants to
un-install lots of stuff due to what it says are conflicts, which is
strange as everything seems to work fine.

I did find some server details to add to my yum.conf file now that
looked very promising but that failed to due to a conflict with I think
a help file?!!

I reckon I'm going to have to un-install KDE 2.1 and then re-install 3.2
which is a pain plus 7 months of usage/customisation down the drain.

Like most newbies I have made the mistake of installing programs rather
than upgrading or freshening an example is I have Evolution installed
from Red Hat 9 as I didn't know what I was doing I installed Evolution
1.4 now I think I have two versions of Evolution installed and am scared
to un-install in case I loose anything.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain,
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."