Re: Connecting to Microsoft VPN with Linux?

Am Mo, den 03.05.2004 schrieb Michael Mansour um 02:43:
> Hi,
[snipped]
> I don't mind converting the company in my state to FC1
> or whatever, but I'm wondering:
>
> * can Linux VPN support Microsoft VPN?

Yes. David already gave you the URLs.
But I recommend not to do! Please read my other posting
"Re: Connecting to Microsoft VPN" from Tue, 04 May 2004 15:12:50.

> * are there any ADSL modem/routers which support
> Microsoft's VPN?
>
> Any ideas or comments are welcome.

And now for the comments:
1. Don't use MS PPTP if you don't need to. It's VERY insecure, so I
would not dare using it for a commercial project.
2. Never change a winning team. PPTP was more easy to install on Debian
than on Fedora, because Fedora kernel is missing the module bsd_comp.o.
On Debian I was able to set up a pptp server within 5 minutes.
3. Use something else: IPsec (you will most likely need a commercial
client on the windoze end) or OpenVPN. OpenVPN is available for Win32,
too, it's save, stable, fast and works well with firewalls, for it only
uses udp.

Regards

Christoph