Re: Old farts and new Linux

jludwig wrote:
On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 12:08, dsyates wrote:
Snip;

I am 37 and I started using linux when I was 29. All 4 of my six computers are running linux.

Snip I'm 52 and used linux since RH 5.1 and have all 4 of my machines running Fedora. Oh, and yes, I see that you learned counting on W-95 educational program.

OK, so I couldn't resist. ... I've been in computers since 1978, I've been using Linux since 0.96 (SLS) but was brought up on AT&T SYSV 3.0. I have computers from 1976 to the present (my VAX is current running in the lab at work). I've been network with Cisco since 1989. I've used more OS's, programming languages and UI's than I care to remember and the 2nd keyboard I ever used required you to know ASCII to send the control key sequences (i.e. no Enter, CR or <- key). I've worked with speeds from 28.8 (that's baud) to OC 192 and I've been on the 'net since 1985 (Rutgers - Soup Kitchen and that was Usenet not Internet ;-). I've dealt with more protocols than I can remember (Hi & Lo speed TTY, Baudot, XNS, PUP, etc) and I hope I can continue to do so for a long time. What a long strange trip it's been. :-)

BTW, I don't remember the good old days as lot of things are better
now than they were then. The rest is pretty much the same (SSDD, no
not Single Sided, Double Density).

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry        ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)