Re: new FC1 install problems

duncan brown wrote:

Gene Heskett said:

Both :) And an old fart (69) to boot. I started on much much simpler
machines back in the 70's, writing a commercialy used app for the RCA
1802 cpu with nothing but the programmer manual and the machines hex
monitor. Unforch, thats ill-equipt me to deal with os's whose src code
is in the general area of 200 megabytes. :(

completely offtopic, so please excuse me alexander.

and i don't mean to insult you in anyway, but... i wonder who's the oldest
computer literate linux user out there?  i sort of have the mentality of
the hippies back in the 60s/70s, don't trust anyone over 30 =] ... it's
hard for me to believe that someone over 30 uses linux personally, once
you're over 30 you have to start thinking more like a manager =]... then
again, i'm almost over that line, but i don't feel like i'm that close =]

-d

-+(duncan brown
-+(duncanbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-+(http://www.linuxadvocate.net

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy
evidence of the fact.
               -- George Eliot

<2-cents>
I'll be 59 this month. I run 6 linux (Fedora Core 1). Both my workstation and laptop run the same. My 4 yr old daughter's PC also runs Fedora. I founded the Pikes Peak Linus Users Group (PPLUG.ORG) and work exclusively in open source solutions including two projects with the State of Colorado. What else... well I could go on about myself. But to sum up my position, having come from a Microsoft Developers environment, my experience says that Linux is far easier to install and manage, and is far more reliable than any OS from the beast. </2-cents>