Strange Idle User Listed in who, finger

I've noticed an additional user among those I usually see in GKrellm. Typically, when I am in Gnome, I see one user (me), plus additional users for each virtual terminal I have open. When I am in KDE, I typically see two users (both me), plus additional users for each terminal open.

Recently however I see an additional user showing up. One of them is strangely "me" but idle for 123d. This is odd since my system has been running only for ten days. Here is some related output:

[charshaw@mufasa charshaw]$ finger
Login Name Tty Idle Login Time Office Office Phone
charshaw Clint Harshaw *:0 May 3 09:44
charshaw Clint Harshaw pts/1 May 3 11:18 (:0.0)
charshaw Clint Harshaw pts/5 123d Apr 28 08:22 (:0.0)
[charshaw@mufasa charshaw]$ who -u
charshaw :0 May 3 09:44 ? 13153
charshaw pts/1 May 3 11:18 . 15142 (:0.0)
charshaw pts/5 Apr 28 08:22 ? 18655 (:0.0)

Now when I try to kill the process associated with the April 28 date, I get the following:

[charshaw@mufasa charshaw]$ kill 18655
bash: kill: (18655) - No such process
[charshaw@mufasa charshaw]$ kill -9 18655
bash: kill: (18655) - No such process

What's going on here? I've google'd for a solution, and learned to try the things outlined above, but that doesn't seem to be the fix.

Is there a way to remedy this without a reboot? I asked on #fedora, and the general response was this was nothing to worry about, but I can't help but want to know what I can do, as well as what the cause is.

Thanks very much,
Clint

--
Clint Harshaw  <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>