perl Problem

After a recent installation/upgrade to Fedora, I noticed that none perl can't find any of it's modules. I can find the modules on the system but whenever I call them from a script it comes back with the error can't find such and such module.
When I run
perl -MCPAN -e shell

I get the error can't find CPAN.pm and yet when I do locate
I can find it in /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/CPAN.pm

Is it possible that I have a configuration file screwed up or a path.