Re: UPS daemon recommendations

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 08:04:31PM -0400, Kevin F. Berrien wrote:
> I finally cleared it with the boss to kill nt4/iis on the only remaining
> box not running apache.  I installed Fedora Core 1.
>
> Unlike at home, now that I've configured the box, and its running I need
> to get a UPS daemon running to power down the server if battery life fails.
>
> I played with upsd, the docs stink.  acupsd req and older version of
> some dependent app than what the fedora distrib is using.  I downloaded
> the APC utility, and while it see's the ups, configuring look as much as
> a problem.
>
> I'm interested in what people have had success with.  I be entirely
> happy with simple shutdown at bat. low feature.  We have all APC ups's,
> serial.
>
> Thanks!

Tripplie UPS software used to claim to work with many other brands
of UPS. I don't know if they still claim that or not. But you may
wish to look at their web site and see. The current verison runs fine
on my Linux box (Tao Linux Release 1) with my Tripplite UPS.

Fred

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ------------------------ ----
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?