UPS daemon recommendations

I finally cleared it with the boss to kill nt4/iis on the only remaining box not running apache. I installed Fedora Core 1.

Unlike at home, now that I've configured the box, and its running I need to get a UPS daemon running to power down the server if battery life fails.

I played with upsd, the docs stink. acupsd req and older version of some dependent app than what the fedora distrib is using. I downloaded the APC utility, and while it see's the ups, configuring look as much as a problem.

I'm interested in what people have had success with. I be entirely happy with simple shutdown at bat. low feature. We have all APC ups's, serial.

Thanks!