Re: kudzu interaction with printers w/o standby mode (Canon BJC 255)

Matt Hansen wrote:

Hi everyone,

The printer I have, a BJC-255SP, can only be either on or off; there's
no standby mode which some printers have. Therefore, as pointed out by
Tim Waugh, if the printer is not on when I boot up, kudzu won't detect
it and the OS (as seen in Hardware Browser) won't know about it and thus
printing won't work. My point is, if I forget to turn the printer on
before I boot up then once Fedora is loaded and I suddenly want to print
something, I'll have to resort to rebooting with the printer on this
time and then I'm finally able to print..As you can imagine, this is far
from ideal.. My question is, is there a way to get kudzu to detect the printer once
the OS is already loaded or will I always have to reboot?

Thanks for any information.

Manually run kudzu

Regards,
-Matt