Re: Taming the mailing lists?

M. Fioretti wrote:

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 16:50:20 PM -0500, Mikha ben Avraham (mikhame@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Steve Searle wrote:

In my opinion, Forums tend to have lots of questions but far fewer
answers.  When googling for the answer to a problem, I usually find it
in news groups or mailing list archives, sometimes on individual web
pages and rarely in forums.

I swear this is my last message in this thread. Said this:

A good reason for the people who know the answers and only use
mailing lists to use forums as well.

you have missed again the point, which is to save time. Communication must be fast and effective. If the majority of people who know the answers (ie have managed to become expert) also prefer mailing lists it is quite likely that the two things are related.

Ciao, Marco Fioretti

I thought the point was to tame mailing lists?