Re: Taming the mailing lists?

M. Fioretti wrote:

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 21:42:12 PM +0100, Steve Searle
(steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Around 09:20pm on Friday, April 30, 2004 (UK time), Mikha ben Avraham scrawled:

Furthermore, forums are found easier than mailing lists. "linux help" in google will bring up more forums than mailing list archives.

In my opinion, Forums tend to have lots of questions but far fewer
answers.

Precisely my point. It is easier and faster, for casual users, to enter stuff once in a web form, but it is much more time consuming for experts to use that channel.

Ciao,
Marco Fioretti

Of course, the experts prefer to enter stuff into multiple web forms to join multiple mailing lists, and then if you delve into the world of "taming" mailing lists, then as some have suggested be done, we'll have even MORE forms to fill out.