Large partitions

Our society is planning to buy a storage ide to scsi raid unit, and they are wondering what kind of partition can be used.
The plans are to connect that unit on a semi-old (an amd duron 850 machine with 512 megs of ram) machine, configured ad-hoc (obviously with a scsi external port) with FC 1 and to access it by the network (samba)

So the plans are to buy a promise or proware raid eide to scsi storage unit with 14 / 15 hd slots, and 250 Gb Hard Disks.

We already have a storage unit which holds 1,5 Terabytes, it's formatted with jfs and attached to a rack xeon server

What kind of partition is it better to hold that large amount of data? I'm not a great expert of jfs, neither of other partitions than ntfs, ext2, ext3 and reiserfs but they gave me this task.

I hope i explained myself well, anyway thanks