Re: SoundBlaster Live! sound card issue...

From: Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SoundBlaster Live! sound card issue...
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:21:32 +0930

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 14:41, Michael Mayhew wrote:
> I have a major problem in my attempts to configure sound for my Fedora
> Core 1 linux machine
[snip]
> The Fedora Soundcard Detection utility recognizes the
> card (as it did during installation) and the correct driver (emu10k1).
> However, when I try to "Play test sound" the system freezes.
[snip]
> alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1

has it ever worked in linux?
what does lspci say for the sound card?
Objection! leading the witness:
is it an emu10k1 or an emu10k1x

If you got it in a Dell system then its a SoundBlaster Live! by creative
but never released to the public, which is the 'winmodem' equivalent of
sound cards (emu10k1x).

If you bought it in a box from some distributor, then its probably ok
(emu10k1), and maybe someone else can help you further :)

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Iain,

It is an OTC SoundBlaster Live! card (no Dell). Thanks for the insight, though. Will probably end up trying ALSA after running lspci.

Michael

Test your ?Travel Quotient? and get the chance to win your dream trip! http://travel.msn.com