Re: Start again on the newbie's networking problem. Re: Need help (of course) setting up network

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 10:57, Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 03:49pm on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 (UK time), Jay Daniels scrawled:

> > > In any case it's not worth some law enforcement officials showing up at
> > > your door and "borrowing" your hard drive(s) for several months.
> >
> > I think they take everything you own and it's up to you to prove your
> > innocence.  Even if you are innocent, how do you get compensated for
> > such actions.  This could go on for months or years and you may never
> > get your property or your life back.
>
> I suspect in this heavy handed law enforcement scenario, having a
> properly configure firewall is not going to be much use.  I still would
> like to see some evidence of people being prosecuted because they have
> allowed their computer to be hacked.
>
> Steve
There are sites that deal with computer forensics. The issue here is
that your computer or hard drive becomes "evidence". They upon
inspection of your system would/could quickly determine that your system
was a "zombie". But a knife, car, etc., used in a crime becomes evidence
and might never be returned.
 --
jludwig <wralphie@xxxxxxxxxxx>